KIRA - Splash Out Scheme
Here in the UK we take the fact that we have access to clean running water and flushing toilets in our homes for granted. However for many people in Burundi this is not the case. Some communities have access to community latrines and others not. Open defecation is a big problem that causes unnecessary disease, suffering and premature death.
The average annual water and sewage bill in the South West of England in 2013 was £550. We are used to the cost of these essential services increasing year on year. The Splash Out Scheme has been developed to enable you to relate the amount that you pay for water and sewage and to donate a percentage of your bill to the Kira Project.
What will you get?
As part of the Splash Out Scheme?
- Keep you informed by producing a quarterly newsletter.
- Update you with progress on fundraising events.
- Involve you with fundraising activities to suit you.
- Tell you how we are doing with our fundraising target.
To join the Splash Out Scheme...
Please follow the instructions below to make a regular donation;
- Go to the Virgin Money Giving Site shown below.
- Select the option underneath the "My Donation" button to make a regular donation.
- Choose the amount that you are going to donate.
- Select your payment method and Payment Date.
Please choose to leave a message and along with any other comment that you wish to leave can you please start your message with Kira Project SOS
- Then move on to the remainder of the registration and payment details.
- When you register please insert the email address where we can contact you in the field for the Cardhold's email. This will ensure that we enrole you into the scheme.
- If you are a UK tax payer then we would really appreciate it if you signed up to the Gift Aid option so as we can add 20% to your contribution from the government.